We are Recruiting | Livestock Procurement & Sales Specialist – Wales (Welsh-speaking Role)
Role: Livestock Procurement & Sales Specialist (Dairy, Beef & Sheep)
Salary: Competitive salary plus car allowance and additional benefits depending on experience.
Job Type: 40 hours, Monday – Friday (with the requirement for flexibility).
Location: Wales – home-based, with extensive travel.
A highly experienced and knowledgeable Welsh-speaking Livestock Procurement & Sales Specialist is required to join our rapidly growing agricultural business.
- You will utilise your already excellent network of farming contacts to develop and build relationships with new and existing farmer customers (buyers and sellers) across the whole of Wales to not only source but also sell livestock.
- Assess stock and provide valuation recommendations.
- Advise farmers on animal husbandry improvements to help maximise the value of their stock.
- Ensure that an accurate stock database is maintained in the company CRM.
- Ensure customer information is regularly and accurately updated in the company CRM.
The Successful Applicant Will Possess the Following Skills/Attributes:
- Fluent Welsh speaker.
- Practical experience of dairy, beef and sheep livestock farming.
- Excellent networker with established farmer relationships across the whole of Wales as well as the broader industry.
- Thorough understanding of current market trends, strong commercial acumen and an in-depth knowledge of dairy, beef and sheep breeds.
- Demonstrable prior experience in a commercial livestock sales role or transferable skills from a related industry such as genetics.
- Genuine passion for livestock and agriculture.
- A Diploma or Degree in Agriculture or a related subject (desirable, but not essential).
- Proactive, self-motivated, and capable of working autonomously, with support from the Managing Director.
- Target driven with a highly competitive nature.
- Personable with excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to both large commercial farmers and smallholders.
- Delivers outstanding customer service to buyers and sellers alike.
- Resilient and persistent attitude.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Flexible attitude to working hours as some farm visits make take place outside of normal office hours.
Hassall Brothers is experiencing significant growth and is expanding into new business areas and geographies. This is an exciting time to join the business and an opportunity to help shape its future. The business offers a rewarding and excellent long-term career prospects for the right candidate.
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Tuesday 16th November 2021.
First Interviews: w/c 22nd November 2021.