Terms & Conditions
Information for Buyers
- Health & Safety
Hassall Brothers do not accept any liability for any damage or injury to persons, vehicles, plant, machinery, equipment, or any lot not arising out of their negligence. When an item is located on property other than Hassall Brothers then both Vendor and Purchaser are responsible for complying with their respective health and safety responsibilities.
- Registration & Conditions of Sale
To bid, all buyers are required to register online. Hassall Brothers reserve the right to request additional information to include Driving Licence/Passport together with a Business Card/Utility Bills/Proof of Address/Business Letterhead and the right to request a deposit ahead of any purchase or during sale proceedings. Hassall Brothers also reserve the right to de-register buyers. It is strongly recommended that bidders and buyers read Hassall Brothers Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale ahead of the sale. Once you have registered, you are confirming that you have read, agree with and will abide by those conditions and this Notice to purchasers. In registering you warrant that all of the information is correct, up to date on the sale closure day and you are over the age of 18. All registrations are provisional and subject to approval by Hassall Brothers.
The auctioneers will email an invoice the successful bidders on close of the sale. Payment is thereafter due no later than 24 hours of receiving the invoice by email. Payments will be due in full at the final bid in respect of the lot sold plus all associated costs, buyers premium, including VAT (if applicable). Payment will only be accepted from the successful purchaser or their duly appointed agent. Any payment is to be by a means approved by the auctioneers and include the buyers commission and VAT. Our terms are strictly cash, bank transfer, debit card/credit card.
Our bank account details: Hassall Brothers, Sort Code: 23-69-72 Account Number: 18314843.
- Payment in Cash
To comply with Money Laundering Regulations, we will not accept cash payment above the maximum permitted at the time of sale. The cash amount accepted is £9,000, buyers are advised to check with the auctioneers ahead of the sale.
- Commission/Buyers Premium
All lots will be subject to a buyers premium whether sold by auction, by private treaty or tender. Buyers shall pay commission to the auctioneers at the following rate.
5% on any lot plus VAT (Maximum £250 per lot)
- VAT (Value Added Tax)
Please be aware that VAT is chargeable on all lots unless otherwise stated.
- Bidding For You
The Auctioneers will bid on your behalf if written instructions are received and adequate time is available to enter such bids.
- Warranty: a) Unless a warranty is given in the catalogue or at the time of sale, the lots are sold as they stand with all faults, imperfections and errors of descriptions or otherwise. b) Vehicles and trailers may not be immediately roadworthy or may be of such design as will not, without alterations, comply with the provisions of Road Traffic Acts of Regulations d) Vendors must comply with the Trade Descriptions Act 1988 and be capable of substantiating all claims, descriptions, quality, manufacture and composition etc of their lots. e) Items described as being in good working or running order or condition shall be mechanically sound and capable of performing the work for which it is intended.
INFORMATION FOR SELLERS
- COMMISSION: Charged to vendors on each lot as follows:
Sales Price (ex VAT) £0 – £500 – 7% Per Lot
Sales Price (ex VAT) £501 – Upwards – 5% Per Lot (capped at £500 per lot)
- Not Sold Fee: Charged to vendors if an item is not sold:
£10 per lot
Value Added Tax at the standard rate will be charged on all lots except those announced at the time of sale.
- PRIVATE SALES: a) No lot entered or advertised for sale by the Auctioneers should be sold by the owner privately within 10 days prior to the commencement of the sale for which the lot has been entered or advertised. b) In all cases where a lot is not forward for sale the Auctioneers shall be indemnified by the person entering such a lot for all expenses incurred in relation thereto and against all such claims from third parties as may arise. c) If any lot is sold privately subsequently on the sale ground, the sale must be booked in through the Auctioneers’ office and the terms and conditions of sale will apply and commission will be charged. d) The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell privately at the reserve price any lot remaining on site after the auction without further consultation with the Vendor.
- RESERVES: Lots may be offered for sale subject to a reserve to be agreed between Hassall Brothers and the Seller prior to the sale, that is, the minimum Hammer Price at which that Lot may be sold. A reserve once set cannot be changed except with Hassall Brothers consent. Reserves must be reasonable and Hassall Brothers may decline to offer goods which, in its opinion, would be subject to an unreasonably high reserve.
- ENTRY & REGISTRATION – a) All entries must be stated on the entry form. b) Unless otherwise agreed by the Auctioneer no entries can be accepted on the day of sale. c) All purchasers must be registered with the Auctioneers .
- VENDORS/PURCHASERS RISKS: a) All lots are accepted and remain on the sale ground entirely at the Vendor’s risk. b) On the fall of the hammer all lots remain on the sale ground entirely at the purchaser’s risk. No liability is accepted for loss or damage whatsoever.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY: The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any expenses, loss, claim or proceedings in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever to any property real or personal (including all lots) whether incurred before, during or after the sale.
- 9. DELIVERY & REMOVAL OF LOTS: Once payment has been received, the auctioneers will contact the vendor and the provide them with all buyers contact details in order to arrange collection.
- DESCRIPTION: Hassall Brothers have had limited access to lots prior to sale and therefore, buyers should satisfy themselves prior to making bids as to the condition of any lot and should rely on their own judgement as to whether the lot accords with its description. All lots are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. All statements are the auctioneers or sellers opinion and are not statements or representation of facts.
- PAYMENT TO VENDORS: Vendors shall be entitled to receive the purchase price of any lot or lots sold 14 working days after the sale, provided that the Auctioneers shall have received the same and: a) That in the event of any acknowledged debt of the Vendor being owed to the Auctioneers the latter shall have the right to set off such debt against the proceeds of sale.