Role: Livestock Procurement Specialist (Beef & Sheep)
Salary: Competitive salary plus car allowance and additional benefits depending on experience.
Job Type: 40 hours, Monday – Friday (with the requirement for flexibility).
Location: Home-based, with extensive travel across the UK and occasional requirement to visit the Chester office.
A highly experienced and knowledgeable livestock and sheep procurement specialist is required to join our rapidly growing national agricultural business. The successful candidate will play a key role in establishing Hassall Brothers Auctioneers as a leader in the beef and sheep cattle sourcing sector.
- You will utilise your already excellent network of farming contacts to develop and build relationships with new and existing farmer customers (buyers and sellers) across the whole of the UK.
- Assess stock and provide valuation recommendations.
- Advise farmers on animal husbandry improvements to help maximise the value of stock.
- Maintain an accurate stock database – ensuring that head office aware of available stock and any potential issues.
- Maintain an accurate database of buyers and sellers, ensuring that customer information is accurately updated in the company CRM.
The Successful Applicant Will Possess the Following Skills/Attributes:
- Practical experience of beef and sheep livestock farming.
- Excellent networker with established farmer relationships across the UK as well as the broader industry.
- Thorough understanding of current market trends, strong commercial acumen and an in-depth knowledge of beef and sheep breeds.
- Demonstrable prior experience in a commercial livestock role or transferable skills from a related agricultural role such as genetics.
- Genuine passion for livestock and agriculture.
- A Diploma or Degree in Agriculture or a related subject (desirable, but not essential).
- Proactive, self-motivated, and capable of working autonomously with support from the Managing Director.
- Target driven with a competitive nature.
- Personable with excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to both large commercial farmers and smallholders.
- Delivers outstanding customer service to both buyers and sellers.
- Resilient and persistent attitude.
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
- Flexible attitude to working hours as some farm visits make take place outside of normal office hours.
Hassall Brothers is experiencing significant growth and is expanding into new business areas and geographies. This is an exciting time to join the business and an opportunity to help shape its future. The business offers a rewarding and excellent long-term career prospects for the right candidate.
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 20th July 2021.
First Interviews: w/c 2nd August 2021.